Saturday 4 February 2012

Scrap Book Mad!!!!

Morning everyone......Well its freezing this morning but none of the promised snow yet.....I don't tend to bother with the weather forecasts any more.....I tend to stick to 'If you want to know what the weather's like....Look out of the window!!!'

Today I have yet another finished scrap book page to share...




As always this is a page that was designed and taught by the 'Oh So Talented' Polly at the class I attend on a Thursday evening at my local craft shop. I love these papers and the colours. 

The photo is of my grandparents taken at their home in Lancashire in 1965.....check out the haircuts and the fashion!!! 

I remember my Nan saying that before these photos were taken....(they had a bit of a photo shoot from what I gather) she went out and bought plastic Daffodils and Tulips to stick around the garden, her theory being that as the photos would be in black and white no-one would know the difference....

'Thats My Nan' xx

Thank you for stopping by.

14 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is a wonderful layout - i love the colours.. and i love your nan's thinking re the plastic flowers - great idea!

cheryl said...

morning Hun this is brilliant really is one,amazing layout Hun its just so effective beautiful picture too oh really love this Hun those colours work beautifully hugs cherylx
its snowing here Hun,keep warm

downrightcrafty said...

a perfect presentation of a fabulous old image
Hugs Kate xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful layout debbie.

greetings karin

Curly said...

Wow Debbie this is one beautiful layout hun, gorgeous papers and embellies .
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Carol said...

Fabulous layout Debbie, gorgeous colour scheme. Carol x

polkadotpeticoat said...

I love all their swagger in the picture....your page is beautiful......what a cute skirt she is wearing also!!

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful layout, love the edge and the flowers.

catherine said...

This is a fantastic page Debbie. The colours are just gorgeous. We have the snow up here in North Yorks and quite a bit now. have a nice weekend
x catherine

Fabiola said...

très jolie page, charmante et belle, biz

Anonymous said...

Fabulous LO Debbie; the colours ans embellishments are beautiful! I was 7 in 1965 and I remember the fashion so well,lol!
xx

Marjorie said...

Oh Wow! I just love this..I love old photo's and you have done this one proud..it really looks stunning. Love the colours..This is what I wanted to do originally, before I tried cards.. really lovely Debbie..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Jude said...

Fab layout Debbie and a lovely picture of your grandparents.

Hugs
Judex

ARTfulWings said...

FANTASTIC!!!! Beautifully made with your own lovely touches See you soon Polly xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...