Saturday 25 February 2012

Birthday Cake....

Good morning everyone....Its a beautiful, bright sunny morning here....if not a little chilly but you can't have everything now can you.....

I'm on a mission this morning to get all my jobs done early as come lunch time I will be parked in front of the T.V. watching my beloved rugby, telling the Ref  how to do his job...so I'm afraid nothing else will be done until that ball is kicked into touch at the final whistle.

I have another card to share today....can you tell I've had a week off work!!!



The inspiration for this card came from Cupcake Inspirations with this stunning picture....



I've had the idea for this card in my head all week but only got round to making it last night.

The image is Celebrate from SCACD....coloured with Promarkers. The papers are a mixture of Kanban card and Craft Creations Ltd. I've had the Banner Pennant die cut from Whimsy Stamps for months and I've never used it until now.....naughty me. To finish I've added my usual pearls from The Hobby House and some Stickles.

I love this stamp and can see it being used many times but then again I love all things 'Cake....!!!'.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:~
 
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge ~ # 148 ~ Photo Inspiration
Paper Sundaes Challenge ~ # 108 ~ Birthdays
My Time To Craft Challenge ~ # 173 ~ Bring On The Cake


Thank you for stopping by.

18 comments:

Jo said...

Fantastic card, Debbie!fab image & colours, everything works so well together, i love it!You must be a Union fan, are you? We're big rugby league fans at our house - Leeds Rhinos - we're off to Castleford next week to watch match!Hope you have lovely weekend.
Jo x

Doreen said...

Stunning Debbie,love the bunting.xxx

Pamela said...

Gorgeous Debbie, love the colours and the banner.

Pam x

downrightcrafty said...

wow such a fabulous take on the photo inspiration there and great eye catcher and super image enjoy your Rugby
Hugs Kate xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love the gorgeous colour combi and that fab funky cake.
Enjoy the rugby
Lisa x

Rene said...

Gorgeous! I love your frilly banner and the colors are perfect for our challenge this week! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week and good luck!
Rene :D

Tina said...

beautiful card...fits perfectly for our challenge...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

catherine said...

This is so fab Debbie and love the colours. the pendant die is great. have a good afternoon watching the Rugby
x catherine

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous card debbie.

greetings karin

cheryl said...

oh Debbie Hun this is one brilliant image super layout hugs Cherylxxxxx

Liz McGuire, said...

Love these colours - very striking - cool card,

Liz x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Debbie...

have a lovely evening hun...hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Love that cake image and great colours Debbie!
Helen x

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card. LOve the black and red colour scheme.

Hugs
Jayne
x

coops said...

so stunning debbie.gorgeous striking colours and the image and design are fab :D

xx coops xx

Shelby said...

Wow girl you rocked it! I just love love love love these colors together and it's an absolutely eye catching card!

Shelby

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

awesome cake :)
great colors!
thanks for joinin us at MTTC!
good luck!!!

Fabiola said...

magnifique, elle est superbe, très belle interpretation, biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...