Sunday 14 April 2019

And So It Begins....

Good afternoon everyone.
I hope you are all well.

I'm a bit late posting today as we have been to my parents for dinner.


Once again it has been a busy week and at last the 'Second' phase of our building work has started....

Mr pegged out the building plans last weekend and digging out has commenced.....


 

This is just one part....it also goes down the side of the bungalow where the inglenook fireplace will be...

These footings will now continue across in front of the kitchen and then another area of footings will be dug across the drive for the utility and wet room......

I am going to try and keep a record here of our progress......

Mr has also been very busy completing my new vegetable garden and garden paths....

He built raised planters for me to make it easier as I have suffered with Fibromyalgia for about seven years now and we think this will make my life a little easier....






The roll top bath was originally in one of our bathrooms but it is now home to the rhubarb....




Trellis, gates and paths built.....the bricks were saved when my parents took down the original coal house......The bungalow was originally my parents home but we bought it from them so they could have something smaller.....


New path along the bottom of the garden.....and the Mr's 'Sulking Room'.....I mean 'Office'......Pssst....there isn't a desk in there!!!!

He built this too.....!!!

It's a slow process this renovation thing but it's beginning to come together.....

I have not lost any weight this week or read any books but I have made a bit of headway on..... 

The Spirit Of Christmas - Lavender & Lace


This was my starting point as of last Sunday....



And this is today....


I have also picked up my sock knitting and made some good progress this week.....

This is my first attempt at knitting socks so I am quite pleased with myself.....although I'm slow, I'm getting there with a tonne of help from the ladies at my local yarn shop.....



Thank you girls.......

So that's it for another weeks round up.....


I will check in again next Sunday....honest....

Until then have a lovely week.

Keep safe....


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day. 



3 comments:

Julie said...

You have a very beautiful garden and talented other half. I hope the raised beds help and you can enjoy some home grown produce later in the year.
The socks look fab .... well done! You'll be hooked on sock knitting, its so addictive. The cross stitch has really grown.
Have a lovely week.

Maggie said...

Hi, I'm came across your blog from Julie's.
Your garden looks lovely, I would love to have a go at growing veg but haven't got the time to tend them.
Good luck with the building work.

Una said...

I love seeing garden makeovers. Your will be lovely. I've been digging new borders and edging them with reclaimed granite sets. Spring time is my favourite time of year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...