Thursday 7 December 2017

Advent Calendar Day 7 - Bell(s)

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are all well.

It's Day 7 of Julie's Advent Scavenger Hunt.

And today's prompt is

Bell(s)


This is my little man...Monty. He is now 15 weeks old and very happy to wear a bell on his collar....we're very happy too as we know where he is!!!!...

It's not the best picture of a bell but I have found another

Bell(s)....

Trumpet Bell


This is my lovely daughter tuning up to play 'The Last Post' at the cenotaph this year.

I was incredibly proud of her and it certainly brought tears to my eyes especially as she has only been playing the trumpet for 18 months or so.

With other members of the ECE marching band...


and another bell....

Bell Of The Ball



My daughter and her boyfriend Matthew dancing the waltz for charity.

They learnt the waltz in 8 weeks and danced for Cancer Research. 

They did amazingly well and came second, by one point with a score of 29.....

Another reason to be a proud mum.....

And the ballroom shoes she was wearing (had) belonged to Joanne Clifton no less....Brogan was very lucky to be able to wear them....

A very special 'Thanks' to Joanne's mum and Joanne of course for loaning them to her for this event....I'm sure they brought her luck....x


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day. 


5 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Great takes on the word bell. Cats & bells popped up on another blog. Your daughter is very talented in many things by the sound of her endeavours. Congrats to her for coming second in the dance competition. Take care.

Jak said...

Love your interpretation of 'Bells'. Your cat is gorgeous, he looks as though he is asking to be tickled gently under his chin. Your daughter looks amazing. I'm a great fan of Strictly and miss Joanne this year. Well done to your daughter, those definitely were her lucky shoes.

kjsutcliffe said...

Clever collection of 'Bell' stories, mine was a cat bell too (well several bells) Sadly this year was the first year our Remembrance Sunday had no trumpeter to play at the cenotaph.. So I quietly 'listened' to the melody in my head. (I grew up on a military base and the last post was played regularly)I can also whistle it, but thought it might be a little disrespectful to whistle a tuneless rendition.

doodles n daydreams said...

I love all your different takes on the bell prompt. And lovely to see your talented daughters as well.

Diana

Aril said...

How fantastic that your daughter played the Last Post. Interesting about Joanne's shoes....I'm a massive SCD fan!
Arilx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...