Sunday 9 June 2019

Madness & A Day At The Races....

Good afternoon everyone.
I hope you are all well.


Not a lot of  crafting this week because I haven't been in the mood again.....but I have read another book.... 

Which I have forgotten to photograph....but was

The Driver's Seat by Muriel Stark...

So that's now 18 books read towards my 26 in 2019 Goodreads Challenge.....


On Friday we had a day out at the races at Market Rasen....

It was cold and windy but we still had a picnic...


This is what happened to the picnic blanket....they were frozen.

We placed bets and I drank gin.....

Celebrate or commiserate....


As you can see I'm the last of the big spenders....we did have some winners but more losers I'm afraid this time around.



It poured down....


There was a dress under there and I did have a hair do of some description at some point.....

After the picnic and the racing we trekked across the race course for this...

MADNESS






Despite the cold, the wind and the rain we had a fabulous time....


My hair was flat, my make up had run, my dress was plastered to my legs and my shoes were ruined.....

But we laughed, we danced, we sang at the tops of our voices and as my lovely husband said.....

'It was like being at the biggest school disco but everyone was forty years older'....


Suggs...

We had a fabulous day out.....

Not a lot of anything else to report this week....

Hopefully I can get myself together enough to get some crafting done....

I will check in again next Sunday....


Until then have a lovely week.

Keep safe....


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day. 


2 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I do love your posts. Looks like a fun time despite the weather.

Julie said...

So many things were a washout this weekend with the awful rain. Looks like fun had by all and that's the main thing. Madness.... i do remember all the words to their songs, the good bands are still around.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...