Saturday 12 March 2016

Whitby...My Favourite Place.

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are all well.

So I have been back at work six weeks now and all seems to be 'ok' with my neck so far...I am now on holiday for a week as I am owed quite a lot of leave and it was decided that it would be a good time to take it before Easter.

Many of my readers here on my blog and all my friends know that Whitby is my favourite place and I take every possible chance to visit....except this week as my plans have been thwarted.

You see my lovely partner is working there for the next ten days but I wasn't allowed to go. I'm sure I will find plenty to do this week though.

Anyway I have been lucky enough to visit Whitby four times already this year which is some going....

In January we stayed here....well we stay here a lot to be honest.....

We just change rooms so we can see what they are all like...I'm nosey you understand. On this occasion we had the room you can see above the front doors. (Not the little window, the two windows above that).




Now I had to take this photo before I allowed Mr T in the door as I can tell you now it would never look like this beautiful, neat and tidy space again for the duration of his stay....




We always have an evening meal here and it is always fabulous.


My first stop on arrival...which is always very early as I can't stand wasting any time in Whitby....is this little beach.

This particular morning was bitter cold with flurries of snow in the air and there had been a high tide the night before....and as always at this time in the morning....it was just me.


Now this is what I call a piece of drift wood....


And yes I do build these...


And then spend a bit of time searching the beach for sea-glass...


Then its off to my favourite cake shop for tea and cake...


Ok...as we all know...Diets always start on a Monday!



Until Mr T comes to find me...

I love this place and I love my little ritual when I arrive...it's always the same and never alters and I doubt it ever will.

I love the sea, I have been brought up by the sea and will never tire of the sea....

I always feel calmed and soothed by the sea.....and especially this sea!!!......



Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day.



4 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love Yorkshire, going to check out thst place to stay, looks beautiful. Great photos too

mamasmercantile said...

Certainly looks like a great place to stay, beautiful room.

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing your photos of Whitby, my favourite place too! Many happy memories there :)
Hugs
Wendy xx

Rachel Flowers said...

I love Whitby too. Maybe I'll stay in that B&B and name drop you! You must be n first name terms with the owners by now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...