Monday 14 September 2015

The Holly Fairy & An Autumn Queen....

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are all well.

I'm still struggling with all things crafty at the moment on account of my right arm not doing as it's told yet and the physio continues....along with some Hot Stone Massages, medications etc....and I'm still waiting for an appointment for an MRI so I thought I would at least try and start to put some projects together....so I have something to look forward to for when things get back to normal....whatever normal is.

Project Number 1 

The Holly Fairy



I love the colours and the beautiful variegated hand dyed linen for this piece....

Brogan has gone back to university now and has also started a new job in one of the student bars....Bless Her! She worked all through the summer too at one of the ice-cream parlours along the sea front.....I'm sure she will miss smelling of Eau De Doughnut!!!!....Not...but she liked the money!!!

A while ago, well a year ago to be exact....I set about posting the progress of a certain Autumn Queen that I had started to work on in the hope that it would encourage me to finish quicker.....but with one thing and another, these being the house move and renovation and my neck/back problem it has gone by the by so this is where I'm now at and it sits staring at me from the frame in the corner....she's almost got a face now at least but I haven't touched her for weeks and weeks....


Miribilia Autumn Queen


14~09~2015


07~06~2015



13~11~2014


30~09~2014


28~08~2014


So as you can see this is taking some time but I am determined to get her finished as soon as I am able....

I will post more projects that I am planning to try as I sort them out....


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day. 



8 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Your cross stitch project is looking lovely. I have one that has been waiting for me to completed for almost 3 years. :)

Summer said...

Autumn Queen is beautiful, I hope you get better soon so you can work on her.

Jacee said...

Wonderful work! I do hope you'll soon be back to full health
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Brigitte said...

So sorry to read that you still have problems with your arm. These neck/back/arm things always take a while to heal. I hope that you can get back to your crafts soon. And good to have a great project kitted and ready to start.

Jo said...

I'm sorry to hear you're having to give crafting a miss at the moment, I do hope you're better soon. I've started my first cross stitch this year, well, I say first, it's actually my second. I started one maybe thirty years ago which never got finished and it's looking like this one's going the same way. No, I'm determined to finish it but I'm stuck on the backstitch, I just don't like it. I love doing the cross stitch though. I'm sure I'll get it finished eventually.

catherine said...

I hope you can get sorted out soon Debbie and an appointment quickly too. Hope everything goes well for Brogan back at uni and good luck for the new job too!
You have made some good progress with the stitching and this looks a beautiful piece.
x catherine

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Debbie

Just though I would say hello! I hope your arm is better soon so that you can continue your projects. The good thing about craft projects is that they will wait for you.
Have a good rest of the weekend.
Best wishes
Ellie

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Debbie
Just saying hello! I hope that your arm gets better soon so that you can continue your projects. The good thing about craft projects is that they will wait for you.
Best wishes
Ellie
(I posted a comment which appears to have disappeared into the ether, so apologies if two suddenly decide to show up!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...