Tuesday 1 September 2015

Liberty - London...

Good afternoon everyone.

I hope you are all well.

I've just been to see the physiotherapist and I have got some new exercises to try.....see my last post!

Anyway I thought I would share some photos from one of our trips to London earlier in the year.

Liberty - London


It's years since I have been to Liberty but we were passing and I was desperate for a wander around the fabric department....especially as I've now decided I'd like to add patchwork to my crafting repertoire....current health issues allowing that is....

I asked permission first from one of the ladies in the fabric department if it was ok to take photos of the department and quilts and also post some photos on my blog.....'absolutely...no problem'....so here they are.....in glorious technicolour....except for my awful photography skills.

What fabulous creations...


The colours and fabrics are stunning.


Beautiful designs....


Fabric Envy....


And such a stunning setting to display them in too...


I did buy some fabrics and I will try to make something...eventually....


The clock at Liberty...


Celebrating The WI Centenary... 

And as we were leaving I couldn't pass up the chance to take a photograph of this stunning window display of the quilt that was made to celebrate the Women's Institute Centenary - celebrating it's 100th birthday....I am a member of my local Women's Institute and I love being a part of it.....
 and am very proud of all that it stands for.....


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day.  


3 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh Debbie sorry to hear how you ares truggling, hope the exercises help. Have you tried an osteopath? Fab photos, never been to Liberty but apfter watching them on TV would love to visit. Take care x

Brigitte said...

These quilts are just breath-taking. And in such a wonderful old surrounding.

catherine said...

Wonderful pics Debbie and sounds like a fabulous place to visit ! Hope everything is going well with you
x catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...