Saturday 5 September 2015

A Lavender & Lace Christmas....

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are all well.

So I'm keeping up with the new exercises the physio gave me....I admit I am struggling with them....and he did say 'things will get worse before they got better' and boy oh boy he wasn't wrong but I am persevereing......I just want to get back to work....I never realised how mind numbing day time television could be.....no wonder I have always worked full time.....

Anyway I just wanted to share something new that I had put on a sewing frame before my 'little' health issue got the better of me......and it is now sat in the corner of the room staring at me....like all the other new starts and ongoing projects.....that I can't manage at the moment...

Lavender & Lace

The Spirit Of Christmas


(This is a photo of the picture that comes with the pattern.)

Now I have had this pattern for years and always meant to start it but it has sadly sat at the bottom of my sewing basket until recently.....(and it looks as though it will be sat on the frame for a while longer yet).

My reason for not starting it was that I could never find the right colour of linen that I wanted to stitch on until last year at the Knitting & Stiching Show in Harrogate when I chanced upon a stall selling hand dyed evenweave fabrics and the lady there helped me choose the perfect colour for this project - the colour - Gingerbread....and it is just perfect!!! although it has not photographed well here but believe me it is perfect!



As you can see I didn't get very far...
 


But I am hoping things will start improving soon and I can get back to my crafting hobbies....and back to work too.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day. 


7 comments:

Rachel Flowers said...

Hellooooooo, thanks for following my little bit of the tinternet. I love that Fr Christmas design. Your stitching is beautiful x I've popped you on my reading list!

catherine said...

This looks a fabulous piece to work on Debbie and will look forward to your progress on it. So good to see you here on your blog. I have just pulled out an old project started many moons ago(Henry V111 and wives) and wondering if I will ever finish it !
x catherine

Fabiola said...

Super joli, courage, tu as déjà bien avancé, biz

Brigitte said...

That's a great new project, Debbie.

downrightcrafty said...

oh that must be so relaxing to do and hope it is keeping you out of mischief, all well this end
hugs Kate x

Sally H said...

Wonderful stitching, Debbie! What a fab design! Sorry I haven't been over for a while - work has been a bit manic since I went back

Crafting Queen said...

What a beautiful cross stitch project. Hope things get better soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...