Sunday 17 April 2016

Little Steps...

Good morning everyone.

I hope you are all well this Sunday morning.

It's very cold and quite frosty here but the sun is out....and it looks as though it's going to be a lovely Spring day....my favourite kind of day....

I am back at work full time now....and boy don't I know it!!! but I'm being good and doing as my physio says....still sticking to small crafting projects and getting on ok I think. I'm continuing with my physio, exercises, medication and hot stone massages and so far so good....I just get very tired after a long shift (which seems to be most days) and fingers crossed I've only had the odd twinge.

Anyway I have managed to complete another small project...

A little cross stitched book mark to add to one of my swap parcels....I can share it here as I know it has now reached it's new home....




I quite like making these little book marks...it keeps my hands busy and out of the biscuit barrel which is a good thing and I can also report that I have lost 11lbs in weight since Christmas....which by some standards is not great but given that my will power is bad, bad, bad....I'm quite pleased with myself....slow but sure!

I also bought a Fitbit thingy which is great.....I'm becoming a bit obsessed with keep looking at how many steps I've taken  but if it helps with my weight loss then that's not such a bad thing is it.....

Yesterday we managed to do all the shopping, housework and also did some painting, tidied the courtyard garden at the side of the house including the woodpile, cleaned a few cupboards, washed all the glass and china on the welsh dresser, made a honey cake and dug out the utility room, plus we managed to do all the washing....so today my parents are coming for Sunday lunch, so hopefully it will be a nice a relaxed Sunday......As it should be!!!


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day. 



13 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is a very cute make. Well done on the weight loss. Sounds like a very busy day yesterday so relax today

Helen said...

Love your book mark Debbie. Sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday. Hope you're not suffering today for it and manage to get your relaxed Sunday. I'm hoping for a crochet day today. I might try to start Yoda later on, lol.
Well done on the weightloss. I'm still in target, but only just as I have an issue with my foot ( awaiting X-Ray results) so can't walk as much as I'd like. Also having physio on neck which I only started last Tuesday since the bursitis in my shoulders has improved enough to make it worthwhile. Have a follow up appointment at the eye clinic on Tuesday morning as I had to have my iridotomy redone a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like I need shooting but I'm actually not bad at all, touch wood! Take care and keep crafting Debbie.
Hugs x

Rachel Flowers said...

Wow you were busy yesterday! It's looking like a gorgeous day here. I might go tidy some shrubbery in the garden!

mamasmercantile said...

Frosty and cool here too. You certainly have been busy, I love the bookmark a lovely gift. Hope you have the relaxing day you plan.

Sarah said...

This is really lovely Debbie. It's been a while since I did any cross stitch...will add it to my list!! Hope you had a relaxing day today xx

Fabiola said...

super chou, biz

coops said...

Gorgeous bookmark debbie.I love the sheep.Well done on your weight loss too, it really is hard isn`t it ;D

xx coops xx

Pondside said...

Lucky me! I love the little bookmark and use it every day now, to keep the page in the current book. That was such a lovely treat!

Sarah in Stitches said...

That's a lovely bookmark! And I think 11lbs is great - I have no will power either :D

Brigitte said...

I hope you were having a quiet and relaxed Sunday with your parents.
This little bookmark is such a cutie, I love these sheep, lol.
Good to know that you are doing great.

cotnob said...

A super bookmark Debbie, beautifully stitched - such a lovely gift.
Pauline
x

Kim said...

Oh how sweet are your little sheep. How delightful it would be when opening a book to see this lovely bookmark.

Sue said...

How I love your little sheep bookmark!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...