Wednesday 25 November 2015

Birthdays Everywhere.....

Good afternoon everyone.

I hope you are all well.

November is always a busy time in my family for birthdays....we have a few including my own which was on Saturday....

I was incredibly spoilt as usual by everyone and I was treated to a fabulous Apple Ipad Air 5 amongst many other lovely presents....now I have to learn how to use it. 

Brogan bought me a beautiful hat, a vintage style letter rack and of course 'chocolate'....my daughter knows me well!!!.

I was also given a Marc Jacobs perfume gift set 'Daisy', some silk pyjamas and an apron with 'Hares' on from mum and dad. A gorgeous scarf from my brother, an Amazon gift card from my best friend which I have already spent on a very sweet bird feeder for the blossom tree in the front garden and a book about patchwork. All in all I had a fabulous day and was taken to my favourite place for lunch and then on to the cinema....

So how lucky was I.....I count myself truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and such lovely friends.


It was also my partner's dads birthday a few days before mine and I made him this card.

Still keeping things simple....


I'm still behaving myself and took my time (days) to make this card....still sticking to the physiotherapists orders and keeping up with my exercises and I think I can report that at long last my neck and arm symptoms are.....Shhh....beginning to improve. Even the headaches are slowly getting better....so hopefully after Christmas I will be able to get back to work!!!!!! Fingers crossed.

I'm still trying to keep up with my reading albeit slow too....I can't look down so have to prop my book up on pillows so it is directly at eye level and this seems to be working for me although I think I have rather over estimated my expectations of reading 52 books this year in the reading challenge. I will have to be a bit more realistic in 2016 but I've managed 33 books so far.....

I guess the improvement has a lot to do with re-educating myself and being sensible about what I can do....and also learning to slow down a bit....though the medication and physio help massively too.


Anyway that's all from me today.


Thank you for taking the time to stop by.

I really do appreciate your visits and lovely, encouraging comments.

Enjoy the rest of your day.



5 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous birthday card Debbie, such a brilliant masculine design.
I hope you had a wonderful birthday.
Pauline
x

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card x

Jacee said...

Lovely design Debbie
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

catherine said...

Hi Debbie and so sorry for not having been around much lately. Many belated happy birthday wishes to you and sounds like you were spoilt as you deserved to be. Glad you had a lovely time. So sorry to have missed you at the show and hope you had a great time and a few treats too!
x catherine

Brigitte said...

So sorry that I haven't seen this post earlier. But anyway: Happy belated birthday wishes are winging their way to you. Enjoy all your wonderful gifts.
No wonder that you couldn't read as much as you used to - it must be a bit awkward to always hold the book at eye-level. But it's great to read that your shoulder and neck have improved and that you might be able to get back to work rather soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...